Nick and Karen are the proud owners of Willows Funeral Service in Eastbourne, East Sussex, an independently run family Funeral Directors business.
With 32 years experience in the funeral industry between them, Nick and Karen are also joined by Nick’s brother, Jason.
We are keen to make the funeral business more approachable at what is a very difficult time in peoples lives.
We want people to feel as comfortable as possible and we pride ourselves on our sensitive approach to guiding people through the process. It really is our family looking after your family.
Willows Funeral Service can take care of all aspects of a funeral and they also offer help and advice with pre-paid funeral plans and monumental masonry. Their office, which is at Station Parade in Eastbourne is tastefully decorated in a welcoming and calm manner with a contemporary yet comforting feel.
I’ve been in the industry for over 20 years and I’ve seen some huge changes.
These days families are keen to personalise the funeral of a loved one as much as possible and rightly so. We are family-led in everything we do – we are here to guide families through the process and make it as comfortable as possible for them.
Nick and Karen are also owners of Henfield Funeral Services located in the High Street of Henfield, West Sussex.
A dignified and affordable all inclusive cremation option for just £2995.
Funerals and Coronavirus/COVID-19
At the present time, we’re arranging funerals as we would normally with some restrictions taking place, but we’re aware that the situation with coronavirus/COVID-19 is changing rapidly. As we move forward into uncertain times, we want to reassure you that we are taking every possible step to ensure funerals can go ahead with the health and wellbeing of everyone in our community as our main concern.
- We are well prepared to take care of people who have passed with coronavirus/COVID-19 in line with the official guidance we have received from the government. We will continue to look after everyone in our care in our gentle and sensitive way, but have put procedures in place to ensure we can do this safely. This means that our colleagues will be wearing full personal protective equipment (PPE) even when the risk is deemed to be low.
- If you are faced with arranging a funeral and cannot, for whatever reason, have a face-to-face meeting, we can arrange an appointment with you over the phone, email or via FaceTime. The Cremation Paperwork which will need to be completed by the N.O.K/Executor, we can deliver these directly to you by keeping to the government guidelines of social distancing. We can also send via post if we feel there is sufficient time to have these returned to us before the cremation service. Alternatively we can send them electronically via email if family are not local to us to complete this way.
- Should you need to arrange a direct cremation or burial with us (this is when a person is cremated or buried without a funeral service and with no mourners in attendance), we can advise on how you can put together a meaningful memorial service at a later date.
- We are working closely with all our colleagues throughout the funeral profession to ensure we can offer the same high standards you would normally expect from us during this unprecedented time.
- Please contact us at any time, with any questions and we will guide you the best way we can.
We are now members of SAIF
The National Society of Allied & Independent Funeral Directors.
By choosing a SAIF member, bereaved families can be assured of a compassionate, professional approach, under pinned by our industry leading Code of Practice.